Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year's Goals

One goal that I have for this year is that I will get to bed before midnight at least 3 days a week. I will achieve this by procrastinating less, and finishing at least one class's homework before 5 pm. I think that one of the sources of procrastination is being overwhelmed by the amount of work that you have, so by getting one class's work out of the way earlier, there is less work to be done and therefore less motivation to procrastinate. To track exactly how much sleep I am getting, I will be using the Sleep Science App on my iPhone, which tracks my sleeping patterns every night.

Another goal that I have for this class is to make my notebook more organized and more neat. Sometimes I write too fast when I am taking notes or doing a relate and review, so it becomes difficult to study from my notes for the tests. To write neater and stay organized, I will date my entries the day I get/do the notes, and enter it into the table of contents when I get the paper. I will also type my notes when possible, and when I cannot, I will try to write slower and more neatly. This way, when I am reflecting on my notes later, it will be much more effective and efficient. To track my progress, I will personally evaluate per unit, and I will also have my notebook check partner rank my neatness on a scale of 1-10 for an additional perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment